Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
The EYFS framework sets out 7 areas of learning and development and
these have the following aspects.
- Personal, social and
- Making relationships.
- Self-confidence and self-awareness.
- Managing feelings and behaviour.
- Physical development:
- Moving and handling.
- Health and self-care.
- Communication and language
- Listening and attention.
- Literacy development:
- Mathematics development:
- Shape, space and measure.
- Understanding the world:
- People and communities.
- The world.
- Expressive arts and design
- Exploring and using media and materials.
- Being imaginative.
At Little Squirrels Pre-School we will be
making observations and plotting your child’s progress in all of the above
For a parents guide to the EYFS see