Little Squirrels Pre-School are seeking an experienced and reflective Early Years professional to lead our Ofsted Outstanding Pre-School which comes with a dedicated area of National Trust woodland where we run our Forest School.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- a reflective practitioner, with strong commitment to personal, professional development.
- able to respond creatively and innovatively to children’s interests by demonstrating best practice pedagogy based on child-centered, active learning
- an inspirational Early Years leader, who can motivate and engage children and the staff team
- the ability to recognise and facilitate opportunities for extending and deepening children's learning experiences
- up to date with contemporary knowledge of matters pertaining to the Early Years sector and the ability to ensure this is maintained and appropriately disseminated to others’, including the staff team, committee members and parents
The successful candidate must demonstrate and evidence the following essential requirements. In addition, forest school training is also advantageous. Salary subject to qualifications and relevant experience.
Skills, aptitude, knowledge and experience
Must hold at least a full and relevant Level 3 qualification, desirably a level 4/5 or above (or consider undertaking further professional development)
Must have proven experience of working in an Early Years setting
The successful candidate must be able to:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following personal qualities:
Please email the Chair, Jo Hinde at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance to arrange an informal visit to the setting and the Forest to discuss the setting and the role in more detail.
We are committed to the safeguarding of our children and their families and all candidates are subject to a DBS check as part of the recruitment process before a formal offer is made. We have a standard application form which we would ask you to complete if you would like to apply for the role and be considered for an interview. References will be taken up before an offer of a role is made. This is part of our policy on Safer Recruitment.